Overseas Scholarships for U.S. Students
Welcome to the Overseas Resource Center
Our primary purpose is to provide advising for undergraduates, graduate students, post-docs and recent alumni pursuing scholarships for study and research abroad.
Over 30 scholarships are administered through this office and include such awards as the Fulbright, Marshall, Rhodes, and Churchill. Click here to view fellowship award comparaisons.
We offer one-on-one and group advising sessions and provide support in all aspects of the application process, including interview preparation.
In addition to our advising services, the ORC maintains a library of scholarship literature, binders of successful application essays, and for some of our awards, a mentor database of previous Stanford scholars.
We also hold regular information sessions and application workshops.
Our annual ORC Scholarship Week will be held in April 2014.
Tips for Applying
- Find a scholarship that's right for you: Some scholarships fund study at a particular university, while others allow you to conduct your own research in a country of your choice. We encourage you to browse through this website and find a few scholarships that might be a good fit for you.
- Attend an information session: These sessions will provide you with an overview of the scholarships we administer and give you the opportunity to ask questions.
- Start Early: It is never too early to start preparing your application. Students who are successful at winning scholarships have put significant time and effort into their applications.
- Fill out our Scholarship Interest Form: Let us know which scholarships you are interested in so we can help you.
Common Characteristics of Scholarship Winners
- Demonstrated high level of academic achievement
- Well-defined and feasible statement of proposed study
- Outstanding letters of recommendation
- Consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
Hear Advice from Previous Overseas Scholarship Recipients: Multi-media video clips